About Me

My photo
It’s about life. It’s about hair. It’s about beauty. It’s about creativity. It’s about music. It’s about singing. It’s about confidence. It’s about sharing. It’s about learning. It’s about helping. It's about growing. It's about love. It's about fashion. It's about prayer. But most of all, It’s about JESUS!!!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Some memorable hair compliments

I say good things about my hair every day so I don't need affirmation from other people to tell me that it's ok to wear my hair in natural styles instead of straight styles. However, I will not deny that it feels good to be complimented! So I'm gonna share some of the ones I've received with you:

    • “This hair, man, this hair!” (from a friend that is also going natural and sometimes gets frustrated with her own hair growth, constantly comparing it to others)
    • “I think the way you wear your hair is flyy for real. It makes me think of the retro look and that’s pretty dope.” (from a cutie with a bootie lol)
    • “You looked really nice today. Granted you look nice every day but I think today the hair was just on point.” (from a crush)
    • One of the ushers at church: Every Sunday when she walks me to my seat she hugs me and says I’m a natural beauty
    • Mom: “You take much better care of your hair now that it’s not permed anymore.” (well duh! from Mom)
    • “I really like the shape of your afro! I looks really good” (Mom again)
    • In general: people at church always touch my hair. The guys have told me that they think everyone should go natural, especially my friend that is on a loc journey and is still working on the hair actually locing together.
    • My sister's (ex)boyfriend would always touch my hair everytime he sees me and just scream, which was hilarious

Share your natural hair compliments that really stuck with you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment