- “This hair, man, this hair!” (from a friend that is also going natural and sometimes gets frustrated with her own hair growth, constantly comparing it to others)
- “I think the way you wear your hair is flyy for real. It makes me think of the retro look and that’s pretty dope.” (from a cutie with a bootie lol)
- “You looked really nice today. Granted you look nice every day but I think today the hair was just on point.” (from a crush)
- One of the ushers at church: Every Sunday when she walks me to my seat she hugs me and says I’m a natural beauty
- Mom: “You take much better care of your hair now that it’s not permed anymore.” (well duh! from Mom)
- “I really like the shape of your afro! I looks really good” (Mom again)
- In general: people at church always touch my hair. The guys have told me that they think everyone should go natural, especially my friend that is on a loc journey and is still working on the hair actually locing together.
- My sister's (ex)boyfriend would always touch my hair everytime he sees me and just scream, which was hilarious
Share your natural hair compliments that really stuck with you!!!