About Me

My photo
It’s about life. It’s about hair. It’s about beauty. It’s about creativity. It’s about music. It’s about singing. It’s about confidence. It’s about sharing. It’s about learning. It’s about helping. It's about growing. It's about love. It's about fashion. It's about prayer. But most of all, It’s about JESUS!!!

Friday, September 17, 2010

Just One of the Guys ...

Sometimes I feel like one of the guys and that can be a good thing or a bad thing in my opinion. I know I'm not the only one that has the same character as some of your male friends but here is my list:

THE GOOD
  • I feel like I fit in with the guys because I have the same sense of humor as most of my male friends.
  • We have a lot of fun together and they’re very spontaneous.
  • There isn’t so much fighting and disagreement that is prolonged for very long. You disagree, you get over it.
  • I’m comfortable talking about how I feel because they would rather listen to me than talk about their own emotions. Lol!
  • When they listen, they listen well.
  • They give good advice. I get a close up view of what guys think about a lot of situations and am able to compare that to my view as a female.
  • They are usually more worthy opponents for arguing.
  • There is not so much expectation of how to act or look because they know me and know that I will do what I want.

THE BAD
  • I seem to be “one of the guys” with everyone. Including the people that I’m crushing on or desperately in like with.
  • They may not see me as feminine at times because my attitude is so aggressive rather than quiet and submissive.
  • I am not the typical soft woman so it seems that dating is nonexistent because they want someone less opinionated and more submissive.
  • I still have the female instinct that just makes you want to take care of your man when he makes you happy, but it’s not something you can see based on my carefree, confident, wild, crazy, weird, intelligent, humorous character (not to toot my own horn or anything but beep beep! Lol)
  • Having a lot of guy friends may deter a potential boyfriend from asking me out because he may think that my friends are more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment