About Me

My photo
It’s about life. It’s about hair. It’s about beauty. It’s about creativity. It’s about music. It’s about singing. It’s about confidence. It’s about sharing. It’s about learning. It’s about helping. It's about growing. It's about love. It's about fashion. It's about prayer. But most of all, It’s about JESUS!!!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Kimmaytube leave-in conditioner: modified

Most of the population loves, or at least has heard of, the beautiful and informed hair guru on youtube by the name of kimmaytube (<= if not just click on the link!).  She really does research and takes a great deal of time putting together videos to inform the masses on natural hair.  I appreciate her no-nonsense attitude and she has an awesome style to boot!

Anyhow, I finally bought the ingredients to make her leave-in mix so I wanted to share that with you:

-  2 TBSP Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner
-  2 TBSP aloe vera juice
-  2 TSP coconut oil
-  2 TSP extra virgin olive oil
-  1/2 TBSP Cantu Shea Butter leave-in conditioning cream

The reason I added the Cantu was because the mixture was extremely runny and I wanted it to be thicker.  And so far I am loving this as a leave-in/styler!! I co-washed my hair yesterday and then did twists with kimmaytube's modified leave in and they turned out great. Yipee!!


No comments:

Post a Comment